Ministries, Organizations & Committees
- Assists members during time of bereavement to plan for funerals, repast, and other needs as requested by the member and the Pastor.
- Teaches, trains, nurtures, prepares adults and children in God’s word for Christian service, emphasizing those Christian principles essential for effective Christian growth and participation. This teaching and training shall be designed to prepare them for, and assist them with, effective living and Christian leadership in a changing society.
- Meet or speak with class members regularly, inform the Pastor, Official Board and Quartely Conference of members who are ill or have special needs, watch over probationers with special care and recommend those who are eligble at the end of 90 days for full membership, and, attend periodic meetings to report the status of class members.
- Coordinates the preparation of food for all church social functions; ensures the kitchen is maintained in a clean orderly manner and meets all government regulations.
- Promotes good physical health and well-being by providing exercise options.
- Develops the annual budget after submission of budgetary requests from the Pastor, officers and church auxiliary leaders; meets monthly to review the expenses incurred during the month; prepares and reports most current financial data, by organization, during all official board meetings and church conferences.
- Greets guest and secures visitor information for worship service.
Health & Wellness
- Promotes wellness by providing programs that educate and empower the church community to achieve and maintain a healthy mind, body, and spirit.
- Usually composed of three (3) or more persons for the purpose of promoting a love and appreciation for the history, tradition and principles of African Methodism; advocating respect and loyalty to constituted authority; encouraging the support of the total program of the local church; fostering systematic and regular study which will provide greater knowledge and participation in the church; organizing and training Lay members concerning the goals and objectives of the Connectional Lay Organization.
- Maintains the church library inventory and promotes reading programs for youth and adults.
Membership & Retention
- Coordinates information between the Stewardess Board, Class Leaders, and church administrator, regarding all new members.
- Promotes Christian growth and fellowship by serving as mentors and advisors to all young men of the church; singing as a choir for designated Sunday worship services and special church functions.
- As one of the most important aspects of any ministry of worship, the Music Ministry instills a new dimension of worship and gives direction to the course of the worship service. This ministry is open to anyone who feels lead to minister through the gift of music. People of all ages, including both professional and non-professional are welcome. And, because the Music Ministry is such an integral part of the worship experience, it is of paramount importance that it functions harmoniously and fully committed to exhibiting the tenants of Christ at all times.
- Visits the incarcerated and provides spiritual support and assistance in obtaining supportive counseling services upon their return to the community to eliminate recidivism.
- Promotes Christian growth and fellowship among the members and friends of the church ages 65 and older.
- Assists in the ritual of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- Provides the elements for Communion; dresses the pulpit and altar rail.
- Provides audio and visual support during all church functions; assesses the technology needs of the church and makes recommendation to the Pastor, Steward Board and Trustee Board; provides assistance to members for personal computer needs, though contingent on a signed liability waive
- Administrators Login Here
- Oversees the Bus Ministry and provides transportation to church-related functions.
- Supports adult and youth students in mathematics, science, and reading as requested by either the student or his or her parents.
- Provides guidance for orderly conduct and movement during all services; welcomes members and guests into the church.
Visual Dramatic Arts
- Develops and promote activities that encourage the participation of youth and adults in the performing, visual and cultural arts.
- Assists in planning weddings for those requiring or requesting such services.
- Promotes Christian growth and sisterhood by supporting and advising all women of the church.
Women’s Missionary Society
- The WMS is usually composed of three (3) or more persons formed for the purposes of: instilling a spirit of cooperation with the local church in its responsibilities; provides financial support to the conference branch, area, and local delegates to the conference branch; supports the conference branch financially; fosters missionary activities of the local church, area, and conference.
- Trains and equips young people through service projects in the community; develops workshops in Christian social relations and family life; deals with topics such as drug and alcohol abuse, personal development, teenage sexuality, communication, Christian moral development, etc.
Young People’s Division
- The YPD is formed for the purpose of implementing a missionary program on the local church level. This program includes Bible Study, The Doctrine and Discipline of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, WMS/YPD constitutions, service projects in the community, workshops in the Christian social relations and family life, dealing with such topics as drug and alcohol abuse, personal development, teenage sexuality, communication, morals, etc.
- Promotes Christian growth and fellowship with young people aged 5-18 through programs such as Saturday Night Live (fun), Youth Sunday participation (Christian growth), and Sons of St. John (fellowship and fun);develops outreach programs to engage youth within the community